Sunday, March 21, 2010

Review : Revlon ColorStay Mineral Finishing Powder in Brighten


As the title says :P
Sorry for taking so long in reviewing this.

Packaging is cute i like how it looks, the swirls of white and pink is pretty makes me feel bad for potentially mucking it up by using it. I like the raised dome of it. The casing is a durable plastic

Product The idea behind it i think is to brighten the skin with white and pink light refracting pigments. It says finishing powder to me that translates to a all over the face powder but with me that seemed to much. It would brighten my complexion and the shinies made my imperfections less noticeable but i also glowed like a damn light bulb, I'm into that whole nice soft youth full glow but this seemed to much I'm naturally pale to begin with and this just seemed to amplify that. It might work better with someone with some colour (not pasty white lol) or as a highlighter for specific areas like cheekbones i can see it working but then i find it a little misleading to being called a finishing powder should be called highlighter if that's all it can be used for.

After using if for awhile it kinda grew on me i found that if i used it and another face powder (matte) it toned it down a bit and actually looks kinda nice ;)

Will i buy it again, prolly not
Was is worth buying, not really its a damn highlighter and i already got one of those
will i continue to use it, most likely but prolly not on a regular basis

overall about a 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment